Agartala, 17 August 2026: Tripura Chief Minister Prof. Dr. Manik Saha on Sunday visited the Narsingarh Cricket Stadium and held discussions with officials of the Tripura Cricket Association (TCA) and representatives of various clubs to review the progress of ongoing development works.
During the visit, the Chief Minister took stock of the construction and other development activities at the stadium and discussed the remaining works and requirements with the concerned stakeholders.
Speaking to reporters, CM Manik Saha said cricket and sports have always been closely associated with his life and recalled that he had earlier served as the president of the Cricket Association.

He said the completion of the stadium has been a long-standing aspiration and that work had been delayed on several occasions due to various reasons. The contractor concerned was called for discussions and was asked to expedite the remaining works.
According to the Chief Minister, the 22,000-capacity stadium is now nearing completion. The agency executing the work had initially indicated that it would be completed within one-and-a-half months, but has now assured that the remaining work will be completed within around two months.
CM Saha stressed the need to complete the project at the earliest so that international-level cricket can be hosted in Tripura. He said cricket lovers, players, coaches and the youth of the state have been eagerly waiting for the stadium to become fully operational.
The Chief Minister also said he has already held discussions with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) regarding hosting a cricket match at the stadium and indicated that further discussions would be held to bring a major game to Tripura.
He expressed confidence that the stadium, being developed with international-standard facilities, would become a major sporting asset for the state. He noted that the seating and other facilities are being developed to international standards, similar to stadium projects in places such as Gujarat and Varanasi.
When asked whether a match could be expected at the stadium next year, the Chief Minister said, “Yes, it should definitely happen,” expressing hope that an international-level cricket match would be hosted there.


